Student Government: Aggie Public Arts Committee Member
Name: Kinuye Koide
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between 1-4 hrs/week depending on circumstance.
Start Date: Nov. 17, 2020
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-3972-2020
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 16, 2020
APAC’s goal is to contribute to the cultural enrichment of the UCD student body by adding art to public spaces. We provide an outlet for students of all skill levels, interests, and backgrounds to be involved with the creation and installation of artwork on campus and in the Davis community. We ensure that public art is incorporated into UCD long-term plans for future campus projects, expansion, and development. We are interested in all art forms, including but not limited to painting, digital art, film, music, etc.
*2020 COVID CIRCUMSTANCES* Due to the current remote-learning environment, APAC has moved partially to a virtual platform. Though mural painting will still be conducted, it is optional, socially distanced, and mask-required work. Furthermore, a majority of our projects, for an undetermined amount of time, will be produced/hosted online. For this Fall, we are looking for new members interested in online outreach, social media marketing, and or on-site mural painting.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly APAC meetings.
- Participate in Virtual Art Show preparation, set up, and presentation.
- (Optional) Participate in local mural painting.
- As a newly revived committee, there is potential for picking up leadership positions or heading your own project.
- Work with a team of artists to plan, design, and create new public art.
- Develop interpersonal skills by working with school and local authorities.
- Works well in group or team settings
- Has a passion for the arts (whatever your personal art form may be)
- Ability to approach tasks with open-mindedness and enthusiasm
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this postion.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Based on the list of skills and values, select one most significatn to yourself and describe an instance in which you displayed this skill/value.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.