Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission Members and Alternates
Name: Jane Casto
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: no
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 2-3 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Nov. 27, 2020
End Date: June 16, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3979-2020
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 26, 2020
The purpose of GASC is to work with students, administration, ASUCD, student groups, campus centers, and other relevant bodies to fulfill our mission statement of: planning programs, promoting awareness, and reviewing legislation regarding LGBTQIA issues, sexual health, sexual assault, gender equity, reproductive justice and more.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings - Fridays 12PM-1PM
- Collaborate with the commission and support relevant UC Davis bodies
- Collaborate with other commission members on GASC programs and projects outside of commission meetings (generally 1-3 hours per week)
- Respond to communications promptly and check email at least once a day
Applicants should be reliable, highly motivated and passionate about making a positive difference in the world. Experience with activism, event planning and social justice preferred.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.