Student Government: Aggie Mentors Committee (AMC) Chairperson
Name: Julian Garcia
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 2-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2020
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0008-3985-2020
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 23, 2020
Establish and provide leadership for the Aggie Mentors Committee (AMC). AMC is a mentorship committee which pairs first years with established students in UCDavis.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Provide vision and direction for the Aggie Mentors Committee (AMC)
- Hold all interviews for new AMC members
- Schedule and attend all AMC meetings
- Manage all committee members alongside the Vice-Chairperson
- Ensure efficiency of the mentorship program
- Report to Internal Affairs Commission once a quarter with updates on the AMC
- Strong communication skills, both written and interpersonal communication
- Strong work ethic
- Strong management skills & constant reliability
- Strong understanding of the UC Davis student experience or the willingness to learn.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.