Executive Office: Executive Staffer: Diversity and Inclusion Outreach
Name: Kyle Krueger
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: 3-5 hrs/week
Start Date: Dec. 1, 2020
End Date: June 15, 2021
Job Number: 0035-3992-2020
Last Date to Apply: Nov. 30, 2020
Lead outreach efforts to a diverse set of campus clubs, organizations, and resource centers to:
1) Spread awareness of ASUCD's work
2) Ensure that all students have an opportunity to interact with and/or join our student government
3) Ensure that ASUCD is properly addressing the needs of all student groups on campus
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the Diversity and Inclusion task force’s outreach team on a weekly basis.
- Reach out to clubs, student organizations, and resource centers on campus to speak at student events on behalf of ASUCD.
- Maintain familiarity with the work of ASUCD to be able to summarize our work to students at town halls and club events.
- Listen to student perspectives on campus issues in order to advise all offices of ASUCD in how best to address the needs of our diverse student communities
- Propose any relevant project ideas to support UC Davis’s diverse student communities.
- An ability to listen to and understand the needs and concerns of diverse groups of students on campus.
- An interest in expanding the reach of ASUCD’s services to more students across campus.
- An understanding of cultural humility and inclusion.
- Comfort communicating with student groups online (via zoom) preferred.
- No previous experience with ASUCD required!
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.