Executive Office: Associate Vice President of Communications (Internal)
Name: Emily Barneond
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $50.00 (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 4-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Jan. 8, 2021
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0035-3999-2020
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 4, 2021
The ASUCD Associate Vice President of Communications assists the Vice President in the operation of internal communications. The AVP of Communications is responsible for aiding the Internal Vice President in the engagement of all members within ASUCD. The AVP of Communications may occasionally serve as the Vice President’s delegate in meetings with UC Davis administrators.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Overseeing ASUCD correspondence communication platform
- In consultation with ASUCD Creative Media,assisting in the writing of campus-wide emails and drafting of Executive Office statements
- In consultation with ASUCD Creative Media, assisting the Vice President with the coordination of Senate presentations, confirmations and reports
- Occasionally serving as a delegate for the Vice President or President during formal meetings with campus administration
- Preparing “weekly briefings” for the Vice President regarding the status of internal operations after coordinating with the Associate Vice President of Recruitment
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Consistent reliability & responsiveness
- Passion to serve the Davis community
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.