Picnic Day: Operations Director
Name: Caitlyn Liu
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $960 one-time stipend (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Hours may vary between approximately 10-15 hours per week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 21, 2021
Job Number: 0004-4002-2020
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 6, 2021
Organize and coordinate logistical and operational needs for virtual Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Monitor any livestream or Zoom events day-of Picnic Day
- Cover virtual event logistics as they arise
- Review participant submissions to ensure it follows Picnic Day guidelines
- Coordinate merchandise delivery and construction of packages
- Edit some short videos and add captions if necessary
- Attend weekly board meeting 6:10-7:30 pm on Wednesday nights
- Communication, time management, and organizational skills
- Comfortable communicating with other students and university faculty
- Basic video editing skills are required.
- Knowledge of Zoom, preferably has hosted meetings before
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.