Student Government: Senate Staff for Maahum Shahab (4)
Name: Maahum Shahab
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 31, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4030-2021
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 25, 2021
To aid the student body and advocate on behalf of our diverse communities through the tasks set forth by Maahum Shahab and her platform. She is looking for a dedicated team of staffers who seek to learn about the operational processes within ASUCD and to serve students. The 4 available positions under this vacancy include Legislative Director, Communications Director, Outreach Director, and Chief of Staff.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Assist in drafting legislation
- Available to attend staff meetings
- Available to attend commission meetings
- Engage in community outreach
- Assume day-to-day responsibilities for projects and tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient writing skills
- Organization and planning
- Strong Work Ethic
- Graphic Design and social media skills for communication director
- Interest in general ASUCD operations
- Ability to advocate for different communities
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.