Student Government: Disability Rights Advocacy Committee Chair
Name: Natalia Waid
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 1, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4038-2021
Last Date to Apply: Jan. 31, 2021
Lead the Disability Rights Advocacy Committee (DRAC) and serve as the ASUCD liason to the Student Disability Center.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire DRAC members
- Convene weekly DRAC meetings to plan and execute projects to serve the disabled community on campus.
- Maintain a working relationship with and provide recommendations to the Student Disability Center (SDC).
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Passion for disabilities rights advocacy
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.