Student Government: Internal Affairs Commission Chair (Spring Quarter)
Name: Nathan Bentham
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 15-20 hrs/wk
Start Date: April 9, 2015
End Date: June 30, 2015
Job Number: 0008-0404-2015
Last Date to Apply: March 19, 2015
The Internal Affairs Commission Chair is responsible for investigating and recommending improvements in ASUCD's internal operations and structure, governing documents, and long-range plans. The Chair advises the ASUCD Senate on internal matters and is the primary official responsible for knowledge of the ASUCD Constitution and ASUCD Bylaws.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Chair weekly commission meetings on Mondays at 5 pm.
- Attend all regularly scheduled meetings of ASUCD Senate on Thursdays at 6:00 pm.
- Hold a minimum of 4 weekly office hours.
- Report to the ASUCD Senate on projects and opinions of the Commission.
Attend meetings of the Internet and Networking Committee .
- Attend meetings of the Unit Relocation Space Allocation Committee .
- Attend meetings of the Committee on Committees .
- Provide advice to authors of legislation on the practicality and legality of potential revisions to ASUCD governing documents
- Extensive knowledge of ASUCD governing documents
- Extensive knowledge of ASUCD operations, structure, and history.
- Extensive knowledge of University policies relevant to ASUCD operations.
- Extensive knowledge of the operations of Internal Affairs Commission.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Robert's Rules of Order and parliamentary procedure.
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and delegate responsibilities.
Ability to remain impartial
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.