Student Government: STEM Committee Chair
Name: Navreet Hundal
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 5-8 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Feb. 25, 2021
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4053-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 19, 2021
The purpose of the STEM Committee Chair is to carry out the tasks set forth for the committee,as well as fulfill the duties of chair.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Advocate for communities within STEM to promote an equitable education & opportunities.
- Oversee committee projects which further the UC Davis Principles of Community and ASUCD Core Values.
- Report to ASUCD Senate quarterly
- Lead weekly committee meetings
- Act as the main contact person for on and off campus organizations
- Provide resources and opportunities for student interested in or involved in STEM
- Preferably, be a member of the STEM community (although all who are interested are encouraged to apply)
- Have experience in student government, event or project planning, etc. (preferred)
- Hard working with strong organizational skills
- Strong public speaking, interpersonal and written communication abilities
- Passionate about serving the STEM community.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.