Student Government: International Undergraduate Student Committee Chairperson
Name: Yalda Saii
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approx. 4-6 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 9, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4066-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 18, 2021
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire IUSC members
- Lead weekly committee meetings to oversee and execute projects dedicated to serving the international student community on campus
- Use feedback from ASUCD Senate, commissions, and committee discussions to create a new action plan of projects to take on
- Maintain a working relationship with existing organizations, including but not limited to SISS
- Regularly report to the Ethnic & Cultural Affairs Commission
- Knowledge of issues pertaining to international students
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Passion for international student advocacy
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list any previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.