Student Government: Davis Housing Discrimination Committee Chairperson
Name: Yalda Saii
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 9, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4067-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 18, 2021
DHDC focuses on outreach and advocacy for the University of California, Davis students and to help them understand their rights as renters in the City of Davis. The Committee will also support students in taking measures against inequitable actions by landlords, in collaboration with the City of Davis and housing authorities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire DHDC members
- Lead weekly committee meetings to oversee and execute projects related to the committee
- Advocate for all UC Davis undergraduate student tenants and support them in pursuing housing discrimination cases, including but not limited to official fair housing complaints and mediation services
- Outreach and advocate to help undergraduate students understand their rights as renters in City of Davis
- Coordinate housing advocacy efforts with City of Davis and Yolo County
- Previous experience with underrepresented communities and organizations
- Knowledge of fair housing regulations and complaint processes
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.