Student Government: Judicial Council Member
Name: Amanjot Gandhoke
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 2-4 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4070-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 9, 2021
The judicial branch of ASUCD is headed by the ASUCD Judicial Council. The Judicial Council serves as the adjudicative body of ASUCD. The ASUCD Constitution gives the Judicial Council the authority to issue binding rulings on disputes that arise under the Constitution and Bylaws, including the resolution of disputes arising under official actions of ASUCD Elected Officials, Appointed Officers, and all subordinate bodies of the ASUCD Senate. As a member, you will have the responsibility of reading the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws while providing an argument for their interpretation in various circumstances.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Resolving all disputes that arise under the ASUCD Constitution and Bylaws by issuing binding rulings.
- Resolving all disputes under official action of ASUCD elected officials, appointed officers, and all subordinate bodies of the ASUCD Senate.
- Reviewing weekly legislation enacted by the ASUCD Senate for adherence to ASUCD governing documents.
- Ability to make unbiased decisions.
- Familiarity with the ASUCD Constitution & Bylaws.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to maintain impartiality and to adjudicate strongly through reason.
- Strong time management skills & consistent reliability.
- Devout commitment to serve the Davis community.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.