Student Government: SGAO Office Manager
Name: McKenna Weitzel
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 13 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 30, 2021
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0008-4080-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 28, 2021
The office manager is responsible for the daily operations of the Student Government Administrative Office.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Prepare and distribute legislation to and from the Senate and respective commissions
- Prepare and distribute the ASUCD Senate Agenda
- Type internal and external correspondence for the Senate members, President, Vice President, and Student Government Advisor
- Make room reservations on behalf of ASUCD
- Maintain the history files for the ASUCD Senate and the ASUCD Elections Committee
- Organize and keep current the Senate and Commission bulletin boards
- Utilize Microsoft Word to create documents and forms
- Manage office payroll
- Manage Staff Assistants
- Attend weekly SGAO/IAC/Pro Tempore meetings
- Organize the Senator Evaluation process
- Keep the ASUCD website up to date
- Must be well-versed and competent with Microsoft Word
- Must be a good proof-reader
- Good communication and organization skills
- Ability to prioritize work, work independently, and know personal limitations
- Must be able to anticipate work and be a self-starter
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.