Unitrans: Human Resources Manager
Name: Tatiana Rojas
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $19.00/hr (+$50 per week stipend) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 10-19.5 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4081-2021
Last Date to Apply: Feb. 26, 2021
Responsible for all human resources-related functions for Unitrans student staff including; hiring, recruitment, retention, outreach, maintaining records, and discipline.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must be a curreny Unitrans employee in good standing.
- Must be able and eligible to work during Summer 2021 and through Spring 2022 under current ASUCD regulations.
- Familiarity with Unitrans, its various departments, and policies.
- Must be available for in-person training during Winter and Spring Quarter 2021 prior to assuming full HRM duties.
- Must complete the "UC Managing Implicit Bias" online course series prior to the completion of the training period.
Supervisor: Assistant General Manager, Administration.
1. Human Resources
- Review and process Leaving Unitrans forms and communicate with payroll about employees on Leave of Absence.
- Complete requests for part-time status letters and employement verifications.
- Input all newly hired employees into Unitrans employee database in a timely fashion.
- Fill out ASUCD Hiring Packets and/or Change of Status forms when necessary.
- Maintain and monitor the Unitrans Employee-Focused Facebook pages.
- Manage employee bus pass program.
- Intervene with disciplinary action when requested by departments.
- Handle employee personnel needs and ancillary HR duties.
- Oversee all hiring processes for all student employee positions in Unitrans.
- Must be present on every interview panel.
- Create and publish annual Hiring Manual.
- Post student employee positions on vacancy when requested.
- Check/update position descriptions when needed.
- Maintain and organize all records of all position descriptions, posting, hiring paperwork, and interview notes.
- Ensure fair and equal hiring practices are executed with every single hiring.
- Oversee Human Resources Assistants.
- Oversee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator.
- Hold weekly meetings with HR Department to conjure projects and delegate tasks.
- Schedule and attend weekly Managers Meetings.
- Hold weekly office hours.
- Communicate hiring dates to Recruitment and Retention Coordinator and plan on recruitment dates.
- Sign up for recruitment events on campus and help staff schedule employees to help out with outreach events.
- Oversee Recruitment and Retention Coordinator in planning frequent events for student staff.
- Meet regularly with the Recruitment and Retention Coordinator to discuss retention efforts and evaluate effectiveness.
- Update employee boxes at the pad every quarter with the help of Human Resources Assistants.
- Reserve rooms on campus for classroom trainings/ department meetings whenever needed.
- Attend quarterly Mandatory meetings to answer questions and address employee concerns.
The qualifications necessary to perform the duties of the Unitrans Human Resources Manager may be acquired, to a large extent, through on-the-job training and experience. General, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below:
- Exercise sound, independent judgement.
- Demonstrate strong leadership abilities.
- Demonstrate strong listening, communication, and people-person skills.
- Demonstrate strong organizational and planning skills.
- Exercise tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive, complex, and confidential personal issues.
- Ability to work effectively with other Unitrans departments.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and comprehensive correspondence and other written materials.
- Commitment to evaluating human resources management practices and procedures to make steps towards improvement
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.