Student Government: AggieMentors Committee Member
Name: Brooke Isrow
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 1-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: March 8, 2021
End Date: March 18, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4085-2021
Last Date to Apply: March 4, 2021
AggieMentors is designed to support incoming freshmen and transfer students in adjusting to college life. Each incoming student is paired with an established student who can answer questions, share their college experience, and act as a mentor. This program was created to compensate for limitations created by the pandemic to help new students transition into this new lifestyle during an unprecedented time. Committee members are integral in pairing mentors and mentees, preparing and running orientation sessions, checking on pairings, and ultimately making sure the program is running smoothly!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly meetings
- Contribute ideas, opinions, and concerns at meetings
- Help create and implement new strategies for AggieMentors
- Must be passionate about wanting to support other students and the UC Davis community as a whole
- Must have strong communication skills
- Must be reliable, organized, and enthusiastic
- Must have strong skills in collaboration and group work
- Must be proficient with Excel to maintain spreadsheets for pairing mentors and mentees
- Must be procifient with PowerPoint and comfortable presenting information for our quarterly orientations
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.