Unitrans: Route Supervisor
Name: Kiana Linblad
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 15 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4089-2021
Last Date to Apply: March 7, 2021
To maintain the safe, efficient, and effective daily operations of the Unitrans system. Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Held directly responsible for the location and status of all Unitrans vehicles at all times.
- In charge of handling check-ins and making sure that all employees arrive for shifts. Also responsible for contacting employees in the event of uncovered and/or missed shifts.
- Dispatches trippers as necessary.
2. Road Supervisor
- Oversees and responds to accidents, bus problems, bus switches, minor repairs, fluid spills, etc.
- Ensure that terminals are well stocked with schedules.
- Completes Driver evaluations.
- Serves as a messenger between the Maintenance Facility and Uni-1.
- Shuttles employees when possible.
- Fuels vehicles when needed.
3. On-Call Supervisor
- Oversees in-town charters outside of regular service hours.
- Available to assist weekend Road Supervisor.
- Must currently be a Unitrans driver.
- Knowledge of the Unitrans system inculding familiarity with daily operations.
- Knowledge of the capabilities of the different types of Unitrans vehicles.
- Obtain a class B driver's license.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Ability to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Listening skills.
- Ability to make objective personnel decisions.
- Ability to motivate people to meet necessary deadlines.
- Must be fully trained on modern and vintage double decks. If you do not meet this requirement, please talk to the Route Supervisor Manager.
- Able to motivate fellow workers to meet necessary deadlines.
- Must be able to be conductor trained.
- Must not be on probation or suspension of any form.
- Must complete paid training and shadowing program before assuming the full responsibilities of a Route Supervisor.
- Must have 500 Lifetime hours at Unitrans.
- Submit complete resume and cover letter.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.