Pantry: Student Manager/ Delivery Coordinator
Name: Ryan Choi
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $70.97/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 9-12 hours per week depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified requirement will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: March 8, 2021
End Date: June 13, 2021
Job Number: 0025-4091-2021
Last Date to Apply: March 4, 2021
To ensure stability and efficiency in food distribution programs by acting as a bridge between volunteers, patrons, and staff teams. This position oversees delivery volunteer recruitment, retention, and onboarding at the Pantry.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Onsite Pantry Shifts (4 hours): Specific days and times TBA.
- Tasks include:
- Building relationships with patrons, volunteers, and staff team.
- Leading volunteers in the Pantry's training and onboarding process.
- Draft messaging and outreach materials for food distribution to support the Pantry community.
- Explore and craft training facilitation methods and spreadsheet tools.
- Enforce COVID-19 protocols and guide volunteers in onsite work.
- Must be able to be onsite in-person at the Pantry throughout Winter Quarter 2021 and Spring Quarter 2021.
- Interest in supporting student wellness through basic needs and food security work.
- Capability to be onsite independently and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comfort with regular electronic communication platforms such as email, text, and Zoom.
- Comfort with Microsoft Office products and Google equivalents. Google Sheets and Excel capabilites are a bonus.
- This is a volunteer stipend position and may at times require dedication of time beyond specified hours.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.