Unitrans: Shop Office Clerk
Name: Yanette Smith
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 12-15 hours per week depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4112-2021
Last Date to Apply: March 19, 2021
This position is located at the Unitrans Pad on 800 Garrod Drive and hours can be anytime between 8:30AM-5:30PM, Mondauy through Friday. The Shop Office Clerks have duties including data entry, payroll, billing, record keeping, and assisting the Administrative Assistant.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Employment Opportunity.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK SUMMERS AND BREAKS.
- Transfer of drivers' mechanical requests to work orders.
- Process all received paperwork with correct bus information.
- Process invoices to provide to Uni 1 for further processing and approval.
- Balance fuel usage of diesel and CNG for Unitrans buses and support vehicles.
- Enter received inventory data of mechanic hours, work completed, and vehicle information into computer system.
- Enter Waste Oil information.
- Balance student and career labor hours.
- Review and complete purchase orders for parts and materials.
- Upload purchase order information into the electronic system after data entry is completed.
- Update Excel documents to contribute towards monthly fuel reports.
- Answer phones and take messages when needed.
- Contact shop manager, shopkeeper, and Uni 1 to troubleshoot basic discrepancies on invoices and orders.
- Maintain office filing, as per Federal and State Standards.
- Enter vehicle work order data of mechanics' hours, work completed, and vehicle information into computer system.
- Run errands/ distribute documents between business offices.
- Other duties as assigned by Shop Administrative Assistant.
- Review time recorded from the previous pay week.
- Create manual timecards for the Shop students and career staff.
- File work orders, purchase orders, check in/check out sheets, and any other miscellaneous documents.
- Assist Shop Administrative Assistant in creating monthly billing reports.
- Assist Shop Manager and Storekeeper as needed.
- Create new waste oil, daily work summaries, fuel spreadsheet, Alarm Code sheets for current month.
- Conducting in-house audits to ensure that paperwork is filed and correct.
- Sample audits include, but not limited to:
- Verification that check in/check out sheets are properly transferred into work orders.
- Ensuring purchase orders are entered properly into the Transit Fleet System.
- Researching PM Histories to verify that PM work orders are properly entered into TF and filed in the cabinets correctly.
- Review the attached PM checklist to ensure that it corresponds to PM work order, that all areas are completely initialed, and it is correctly filed.
- Review vault checklist and verify location of vaults listed, add/remove vault numbers as appropriate.
- Moving paperwork from prior 6 months into boxes for storage and organizing filing cabinets.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Either Class C Driver's License with a clean DMV driving record or another method of distributing documents/mail between business offices.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Ability to complete work assignments with limited supervision and to seek advice and direction when the assignments and/or instructions are unclear.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, including the maintenance of a well-organizes record-keeping system.
- Ability to follow Unitrans and University policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with basic office equipment, including desktop computers, phone systems, copy/scan machines, fax, etc.
- Ability to work with or learn Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Ability to work well with numbers.
- Ability to work well in an active office with constant interruptions.
- Good communication, organization, and customer service skills.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.