Student Government: Senate Staff for Senator Kabir Sahni
Name: Kabir Sahni
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Dec. 10, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4120-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 6, 2021
To aid and work for our diverse student body through advocacy and by implementing and building on platforms set forth by Senator Kabir Sahni. He is looking for a dedicated team of staffers who seek to learn about the operational processes within ASUCD are passionate about serving fellow students.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Depending on strengths and interests staffers can assist in drafting legislation, community outreach, and take on individual projects.
- Available to attend staff meetings.
- Available to attend committee, commission, and certain org. meetings.
- Act as representative for the office on Sen. Sahni and assume responsibilities and tasks for the same.
- Strong communication and work ethic
- Good organization and planning skills
- Some knowledge of ASUCD operations helpful, but not required
- Willingness to advocate for different communities on campus
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.