Student Government: Legislative Aide for Senator Maahum Shahab
Name: Lylah Schmedel
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 2-3 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: May 31, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4121-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 1, 2021
To aid the student body and advocate on behald of our diverse communities through the tasks set forth by Maahum Shahab and her platform. She is looking for legislative aides looking to learn about the legislative process within ASUCD and to assist her Legislative Director with bill and resolution writing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Assist in drafting legislation
- Available to attend staff meetings
- Available to attend commission meetings
- Assume day to day responsibilities for projects and tasks
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient writing skills
- Organization and planning
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to learn and interest in general ASUCD operations
- Ability to advocate for different communities
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.