Unitrans: Route Trainer
Name: Alex Abdallah
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 11-13 trainable hours, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4123-2021
Last Date to Apply: March 26, 2021
To provide bus and route guidance to drivers currently in the Route Training Program.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Evaluate and provide feedback to drivers currenlty in the Route Training Program.
- Submit trainee evaluations and communicate shift changes in a timely manner.
- Must attend regular Route Trainer meetings run by the Route Training Manager.
- Ensure trainable shift coverage at all times.
- Must be currently be a Transit Driver for Unitrans.
- Must have at least 500 cumulative driving hours.
- Must have a good driving record.
- Must not be on any form of probation.
- Must be able to work at least three full academic quarters following your hiring.
- A strong knowledge of all Unitrans buses, routes, and policies.
- Teaching skills necessary to train new drivers proper operation of transit vehicles.
APPLICANTS: Please submit a cover letter along with your resume. Applications without a cover letter will be discarded.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.