Unitrans: Human Resources Assistant
Name: Tatiana Rojas
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 10 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4142-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 2, 2021
Responsible for assisting the Human Resources Manager in retention and recruitment events, scheduling, mandatory meetings, special projects, and administrative tasks.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Assistant to the Human Resources Manager on various projects.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Retention Coordinator in planning employee events and activities such as Employee Appreciation week and other group activities.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager and Recruitment Coordinator in promoting hiring through the use of flyers, tabling, and other media.
- Assist the Human Resources Manager on special projects as the need arises.
- Provide Support for Hiring Processes.
- Schedule interviews for applicants.
- Attend interviews as necessary to receive applicants in the waiting room.
- Contact applicants before and after their interviews with on-boarding instructions.
- Conduct on-boarding procedures with new employees.
- Maintain Employee Mail Boxes.
- Keep each box up to date with current employee numbers each quarter.
- Stock each box with items for employees as needed.
- Attend HR Department Weekly Meeting.
- Typically a one hour commitment that is scheduled around class schedules.
- Assist in maintaining Employee Records and Files.
- Organize Hiring Documents.
- Collect and Organize Information for a Monthly Company Newsletter.
- Meet deadlines and contact various departments for updates.
- Hold Office Hours as needed.
- Meet with employees as needed to fill out HR-related paperwork.
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibiliy.
- Must be able to work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
- Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Must be able to work with people in a professional and amiable manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures, and hiring practices.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively and generate ideas.
- Comfortable and responsible with handling money.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Develop management and interpersonal skills and gain experience talking to many different kinds of people.
- Turn ideas and plans into actual events and occasions.
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Hours are flexible.
- Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.