Executive Office: "FUN" Committee Focus-- Executive Staffer
Name: Kyle Krueger
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 12, 2021
End Date: June 15, 2021
Job Number: 0035-4143-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 7, 2021
Work on a student-led team to develop and complete special projects dedicated to improving the visibility of ASUCD through fun campus events. Responsibilities will vary as new projects arise.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with the "FUN" task force on a weekly basis
- Bring creative ideas and a willingness to work on a variety of projects both on campus and downtown.
- Work with with campus administration and local businesses to organize large student events.
- Tasks may include but are not limited to: Outreach to businesses in the city of Davis, collaboration with on-campus clubs and organizations, event preparation and management, volunteer recruitment, flyer design, social media campaigning.
- Examples of "FUN" events that we may potentially bring to campus: ASUCD-sponsored volunteer day, painting local businesses downtown, chalking campus or the MU, night-time glow in the dark bike parade, socially-distanced mask-decorating. (Any events in the near future will be adapted to the unique challenges of COVID-19.)
- Creativity and excitement; willingness to contribute to a variety of projects.
- Strong work ethic.
- An ability to communicate and collaborate with a number of campus and city organizations.
- Consistent communication with task force leaders about your availability and schedule.
- Event preparation or management skills recommended, but not required.
- Graphic design and marketing skills welcome.
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.