Unitrans: Unitrans Payroll Manager
Name: Anna Wilson
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $17.25/hr (+$45/week stipend) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 10-15 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4144-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 9, 2021
Holds direct responsibility for the bi-weekly payroll processing for over 200+ Unitrans employees in different and overlapping accounts. Oversees all relateddata entry functions, positions, and all other payroll processing procedures. Holds ultimate responsibility for the timely and accurate submission of all payroll documents.
The successful candidate may hold this position through the expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Prepare and submit bi-weekly payroll reports for all student employees:
- Process all employee time records in a timely manner.
- Process student employee raises and separations from job roles.
- Keep accurate, complete, and organized student employee payroll records.
- Maintain and distribute up-to-date information regarding TRS, UCPath, and other payroll submission methods.
- Coordinate with other Unitrans personnel on internal data management systems:
- Work in conjunction with the IT Department to update and imporve software programs.
- Evaluate payroll procedures and policies, including the Payroll Manager's Manual, and update as needed.
- Attend weekly Unitrans managers' meetings and provide updates on emerging payroll processing timelines and issues.
- Respond to payroll inquiries and issues in a timely manner in coordination with internal units and ASUCD.
- Provide necessary payroll information and support to employees:
- Holds at least four (4) announced office hours weekly.
- Attend quarterly mandatory meetings to inform employees of payroll information and answer questions.
- Notify employees of pay and position changes and effective date thereof.
- Creat Unitrans payroll schedules in coordination with ASUCD payroll processing time frames.
- Managerial Duties:
- Organize work activities and supervise a team of payroll assistants.
- Hold team meetings as needed to discuss issues and assign responsibilities for new initiatives and tasks.
- Serve as a resource to all Unitrans student employees, supervisors, and managers to quickly and accurately resolve payroll issues.
- Collaborate with ASUCD payroll on a daily basis to identify, research, and solve payroll processes and discrepancies.
The skills, knowledge, and abilities to perform the duties of the Unitrans Payroll Manager may be acquired, to some extent, through on-the-job training and experience.
- Exercise independent judgement and decision-making.
- Exercise good time management skills to prioritize completion of payroll reports with hard deadlines.
- Quickly and accurately compile numerical data from electronic data sources.
- Communicate along all lines of authority and among a diverse group of employees.
- Learn and apply knowledge quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrate flexibility to respond to changing priorities and situations.
- Prepare and update procedure documents using correct spelling and grammar.
- Handle confidential information appropriately and in a professional manner.
- Must be a current Unitrans employee.
- Must be available to work during summers and breaks.
- Must be available every other weekend to process payroll.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel is highly desirable.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experiencea s it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.