Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission Chairperson
Name: Emily Barneond
Payrate: $81/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5-6 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: April 19, 2021
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4154-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 16, 2021
The Chairperson of the Gender and Sexuality Commission serves as the presiding officer of all GASC meetings, leads the active promotion of issues pertaining to gender and sexuality- including but not limited to sexual assault awareness, reproductive awareness, queer advocacy, trans advocacy, and more.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Leads weekly GASC meetings at a consistent time made public and heads all communications with the commission via email and Slack.
- Keeps track of meeting agendas and minutes, and ensures that copies are shared with SGAO.
- Authors relevant legislation and spearheads virtual events regarding issues related to gender and sexuality.
- Hires new commissioners to maintin bylawful commission membership.
- Ensures that the GASC website is updated with accurate information.
- Provides recommendations at ASUCD Senate meetings for each bill that GASC reviews and attends regularly as an ex-officio.
- Attends all interviews that require the GASC Chairperson's presence and hiring vote.
- Exhibits a willingness to lead, passion to serve, and excitement for collaboration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong management skills and consistent reliability.
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations and campus involvement.
- Familiarity with sections of the ASUCD Bylaws and Constitution which pertain to GASC.
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity.
- Strong ability to simultaneously spearhead multiple tasks.
- Devout commitment to serve the Davis community.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.