Pantry: Data Science Team Member
Name: Nathan Chan
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5-10 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: April 14, 2021
End Date: June 13, 2021
Job Number: 0025-4156-2021
Last Date to Apply: April 12, 2021
To be a member of the Data Science Team at the Pantry. To maximize the Pantry's business and operations efficiency in alignment with the Pantry's mission of reducing food insecurity at UC Davis, the new Data Science Team needs to help make data created from the Pantry's new online ordering system more accessible in addition to finding new ways to obtain and analyze data.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Meet with stakeholders to understand the Pantry's business and operation objectives.
- Learn about the Pantry's data collection methods.
- Analyze data using statistics and other strategies to inform the Pantry's decisions.
- Create dashboards to help staff access the data to inform decision-making processes.
- Take on independent projects.
- Attend team meetings.
- Experience with statistics and data analysis, through coursework or previous experience.
- Some experience with a statistical programming language (R or Python preferred).
- Comfortable working with data and learning new technologies.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities.
- NOT REQUIRED: in-person or on-campus volunteer hours.
- Open to all who are interested.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.