Student Government: Senate Staff for Senator Devin Santiago-Vergara
Name: Devin Santiago-Vergara
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4160-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 1, 2021
This position will entail assisting Sen. Santiago-Vergara in advocating for all individuals in such a diverse student population. The position will focus its efforts on uplifting Senator Santiago-Vergara’s two main platforms: (1) Transforming ASUCD into a more transparent and accessible space for ALL UC Davis students, (2) Supporting/uplifting marginalized communities and cultural student organizations on campus. The purpose of this position is to provide an opportunity for individuals to learn more about the inner workings of ASUCD, and in turn, cultivate ASUCD’s next generation of leaders.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly commission/committee/unit meetings
- Assist Sen. Santiago-Vergara in writing/reviewing legislation
- Assist Sen. Santiago-Vergara on ASUCD-related tasks and projects
Dedication to advocate for all members of the student body
Strong communication and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule to attend at least 2-3 meetings each week
Note: No prior ASUCD experience necessary! All are welcome and encouraged to apply!
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.