Student Government: Environmental Policy and Planning Commissioner
Name: Sydney Cliff
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5-7 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: June 1, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4171-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 3, 2021
To represent the UC Davis student body's interests in environmental issues and sustainability.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Make recommendations for proposed campus legislation, as that legislation pertains to the environment and sustainability.
- Take initiative to improve environmental sustainability on campus by introducing legislation, researching environmental issues impacting the student body, and starting/serving on committees dedicated to solving specific environmental issues AND/OR represent student interests in environmental sustainability off campus.
- Must attend weekly commission meetings and actively engage in all other commission business.
- Strong interest in environmental issues.
- Previous knowledge or experience in environmental work may be helpful, but is not required- students of all majors and from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- High level of motivation; openness to building new skills and knowledge areas.
- Competent communication skills and professionalism.
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working in teams.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.