Student Government: Fair Trade Committee Chair
Name: Sydney Cliff
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 5-7 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: June 2, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4172-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 10, 2021
UC Davis became a Fair Trade University in Spring 2020, which requires the UC Davis Fair Trade Campaign to hold educational events about Fair Trade and ensure that campus vendors are selling the correct amount of Fair Trade products. The ASUCD Fair Trade Committee will take on this responsibility, which up until now has been held within the ASUCD Environmental Policy and Planning Commission. Beyond this, the ASUCD Fair Trade Committee will collaborate with other Fair Trade Campaigns at other colleges on education and events, and work on policy to increase Fair Trade procurement within the UC system.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Organize committee meetings and create meeting agendas.
- Delegate tasks and projects to committee members and set deadlines.
- Research Fair Trade and develop educational events and outreach materials in coordination with the committee.
- Maintain the committee email, and act as primary contact for all major correspondence.
- Attend weekly ASUCD Environmental Policy and Planning Commission meetings to report on the committee's activities.
- Collaborate with other college Fair Trade Campaigns and UC sustainability staff on educational events and policy.
- Interest in promoting environmental sustainability, sustainable agriculture, environmental justice, and fair labor practices.
- Open minded and positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Previous and/or present connection to various environmental or sustainability organization preferred, but not required.
- Event planning and organizational skills preferred, but not required.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to this position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.