Student Government: Fair Trade Committee Member
Name: Sydney Cliff
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: May 24, 2021
End Date: June 2, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4173-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 10, 2021
UC Davis became a Fair Trade University in Spring 2020, which requires the UC Davis Fair Trade Campaign to hold educational events about Fair Trade and ensure that campus vendors are selling the correct amount of Fair Trade products. The ASUCD Fair Trade Committee will take on this responsibility, which up until now has been held within the ASUCD Environmental Policy and Planning Commission. beyond this, the ASUCD Fair Trade Committee will collaborate with other Fair Trade Campaigns at other colleges on education and events, and work on policy to increase Fair Trade procurement within the UC system.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Must attend and actively participate in committee meetings.
- Complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Help coordinate events and projects,
- Research Fair Trade and develop educational events and outreach materials in coordination with the full committee.
- Publicize events through social media and posters/fliers.
- Collaborate with other college Fair Trade Campaigns and UC sustainability staff on educational events and policy.
- Interest in promoting environmental sustainability, sustainanle agriculture, environmental justice, and fair labor practices.
- Open-minded and positive attitude.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Previous and/or present connection to various environmental or sustainability organizations preferred, but not required.
- Event planning and organizational skills preferred, but not required.
- Please list previous work experience as it pertains to this position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.