Student Government: Aggie Housing Advocacy Committee Chairperson/Member
Name: Maahum Shahab
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 30, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4174-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 10, 2021
The Aggie Housing Advocacy Committee aims to mobilize student voices in regards to local and university housing policy, to organize and protect student tenants' rights, and to provide resources to students with renting/leasing resources. The AHA was created with the intent of serving as the centralized group for housing efforts within ASUCD. The committee chairperson and members are responsible for carrying out all projects and running the committee.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Develop sustainable strategies and project plans
- Attend weekly committee meetings
- Work to understand the structure/framework of ASUCD and local policy
- Engage in outreach and publicity
- Develop resources for students
- Strong work ethic and a passion for affordable housing advocacy on behalf of UC Davis students
- Strong time management skills
- An ability to communicate efficiently
- Experience with project management and event planning preferred
- Comfort with virtual communication over both email and Zoom, i.e. with Executive Office Staffers, campus staff, property managers, and city council members
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.