Student Government: Senate Staff for Senator Fauziya Faruk
Name: Fauziya Faruk
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-4hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: June 4, 2021
Job Number: 0008-4208-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 23, 2021
The position's main goal will be to (1) make ASUCD a more open and available space for ALL UC Davis students, and (2) support and uplift marginalized groups and cultural student organizations on campus. The goal of this role is to provide individuals with the ability to learn more about ASUCD's inner working and, as a result, develop ASUCD's next generation of leaders.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings
- Attend weekly commission/committee/unit meetings
- Assist Sen. Faruk in writing/reviewing legislation
- Assist Sen. Faruk on ASUCD-related tasks and projects
- Dedication to advocate for all members of the student body
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Flexible schedule to attend at least 2-3 meetings each week
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.