Coffee House: Satellite Operation Student Manager
Name: Alex Rios
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.17hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: June 7, 2021
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-4215-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2021
ASDS is looking for a motivated, qualified student to take on the role of Student Manager in one of our satellite operations. The satellite operations are unique, primarily student-staffed food service operations focused on offering sustainable, made-from-scratch menu items to the UC Davis community.
The student selected for the role of Student Manager should be well versed in the operation of the South Café and Bio Brew by CoHo procedures, preferably spending at least a quarter as a Café/Bio Bew Supervisor. The Student Manager should have a good grasp of production levels, food quality and portion control standards, safety & sanitation protocol, customer service techniques and everything else that goes into the success of the satellite operations; and by extension, AS Dining Services as a whole. (**Due to the pandemic any and all staff are eligible to apply.)
The student in the role of Satellite Operation Student Manger will be expected to set a strong moral and ethical example for their peers, lead groups effectively to achieve goals and to communicate with the AS Dining Services Café and Bio Brew managers on a regular basis, acting as a liaison between the student employee staff and the career managers.
The student selected will finish their time as Student Manager having gained broad experience in various aspects of food service management, including product research, pricing techniques, quality and portion control, employee training, customer service and marketing.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Act as a liaison between the Café/Bio Brew Managers and all satellite student employees; monitor morale, work performance and adherence to satellite operation’s policies and procedures
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the satellite operations, focusing on customer service, portion control & sanitation policy adherence and workplace safety
- Actively participate in weekly management meetings
- Assist in training new employees and re-training existing employees
- Assess and recommend approaches to improving overall efficiency and quality of service to satellite operation’s customers
- Assist career managers with facility upkeep
- Communicate any equipment-related issues or operational problems to career manager to ensure solutions are reached in a timely manner.
- Daily duties include: inputting production numbers, making chili, issuing refunds, handling customer issues, accessing the safe, closing/opening registers, changing the fryer oil, taking inventory, inputting/checking in orders, picking up grab and go, signing food credit, making cornbread and issuing employee points.
- Must be a UC Davis student
- Must be a current satellite operation employee.
- Able to work at least 17 hours per week with additional hours during special events (i.e. Culture Days)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills
- Must have displayed an excellent work ethic and a high moral standard
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.