Student Government: Student Health and Wellness Committee Chairperson
Name: Bia Myanganbayar
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-5 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: June 14, 2021
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4216-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 31, 2021
The ASUCD Student Health Wellness Committee (SHAWC) aims to promote and address important health-related issues in the UC Davis community. SHAWC connects students to campus resources, which can help promote positive mental, physical, and sexual health for the Aggie student body. Through educating, holding events, and interacting with students, SHAWC hopes to improve the health and wellness of the Aggie community. Committee members will participate and actively engage in developing a relationship between ASUCD and health-related organizations on campus.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Chair weekly meetings
- Publicize and share SHAWC events
- Participate in outreach events
- Meet task deadlines
- Develop and implement programs
- Meet with adoptive senators weeks
- Review budget in spring
- Build and maintain organizational knowledge
- Hire and train committee members
- Passionate about campus health
- knowledge about health and wellness
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.