Student Government: Gender and Sexuality Commission (GASC) Vice-Chair
Name: Nora Martinez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 3-4 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 20, 2021
End Date: June 4, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4220-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 26, 2021
As vice-chairperson of the Gender and Sexuality Commission you'd commit to attending all GASC meetings and helping lead the active promotion of issues pertaining to gender and sexuality- including but not limited to sexual assault awareness, queer advocacy, trans advocacy, and more.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly GASC meetings
- Help hire GASC commission members
- Contribute to the planning and running of GASC events, projects, and advocacy efforts
- Committment to UC Davis Principles of Community
- Strong organizational communication, and time management skills
- Previous experience in ASUCD is not required; applicants of a variety of backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.