Unitrans: Charter Manager
Name: Janet Diaz
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $17.25/hr (pending budget approval)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 10-12 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4228-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 28, 2021
Manage charter requests and coordinate charter service while utilizing Unitrans vehicles for University and non-University customers. Charter Manager will provide estimates, create safe charter routes, staff supervisors, drivers, and conductors for charter services. Charter Manager will issue invoices and collect payments from customers. This role is supervised by the Unitrans General Manager.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position. Candidates must be here during Summer 2021 through Spring 2022.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Oversee the provision of transportation charters including:
- Prepare and/or review paperworl for charter such as quotes, vehicle request forms, invoices, driver instructions, and routing instructions.
- Notify private charter businesses of available bids (FTA regulation- Final Charter Rule.)
- Oversee staffing of charters: ensuring shift coverage for drivers, supervisors, and conductors. Manage no-shows.
- Providing high levels of customer service via telephone, email, and in person.
- Work closely with Unitrans Operations, Maintenance, and Administrative personnel.
- Coordinate service for special events such as Davis Neighbor's Night Out and the Downtown Holiday Parade.
- Review and propose service hourly rates which will be reviewed and approved by Unitrans General Manager.
- Record and report all incidents or accidents that occur during charters.
- Prepare monthly charter performance summary and billing summary to General Manager.
- Ensure payment for all charters is received.
- Approve bi-weekly payroll for charter staff.
- Attend weekly Unitrans Managers Meetings and bi-weekly check-ins with the General Manager.
- Other duties as assigned and applicable to this position.
The skills, knowledge, and abilities necessary to perform the duties of the Charter Manager may be acquired, to a large extent, through on-the-job training and experience. Only general, fundamental attributes necessary for this position are listed below.
- Ability to exercise a high degree of responsibility and autonomy.
- Ability to work well with others.
- High level of customer relations skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Management experience preferred; supervising experience is preferred.
- Availability for on-the-job training throughout Spring Quarter and into Summer 2022.
- Must be a current Unitrans employee; preferably a Trainer (Route Trainer or Driver Trainer) or Route Supervisor.
- Must have a current Class B license, and a knowledge of Davis roads.
- Must be OTC Trained.
Expected Learning Outcomes
The Charter Manager has the opportunity to further develop and reinforce valuable time management, organization, problem solving, budgeting, and communication skills, and will gain hands-on experience that is directly transferrable to a wide range of future careers.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.