Pantry: Assistant Director
Name: Ryan Choi
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $150.00/week (06/13/21-09/18/21) $14.25/hr starting (9/19/21) (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 10-14 hours per week depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: June 13, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0025-4233-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2021
The ASUCD Pantry Assistant Director works closely with the ASUCD Pantry Unit Director to lead both internal volunteer and staff teams in running daily food pantry operations. This position provides administrative support for a management team of eight student staff members and oversees program management and evaluation for major Pantry programs/projects: campus food pantry, outdoor distribution, mobile distribution, spice jars, campus dining partnership, and holiday grocery bags.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Co-lead the ASUCD Pantry Staff Team
- Lead a team of 8 student staff members
- Initiate and facilitate meetings with campus staff, faculty, and administration in conjunction with Unit Director
- Develop onsite food distribution programs and support data collection on food pantry needs and user preferences
- Draft messaging and outreach materials for Pantry operations to support the Pantry community
- Support logistical coordination and administration of remote student staff throughout COVID-19
- Serve on the Basic Needs Advisory Committee's Food Security Workgroup as Pantry representative
- Serve on the Aggie Food Coalition as Pantry representative
- Serve on the UC Campus Food Pantry Workgroup as UC Davis representative
- In-person participation and engagement in Davis, both on-campus and off-campus
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor
- Interest in food security, basic needs, addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.