Pantry: Manager (Summer)
Name: Ryan Choi
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $99.99/week (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 6-8 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: June 13, 2021
End Date: Sept. 18, 2021
Job Number: 0025-4234-2021
Last Date to Apply: May 27, 2021
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Volunteer: (x2*) Manage orientation process for new volunteers and managers. Ensure all shifts are staffed. Assess skills/interests of members and match with appropriate activities.
- External Affairs: (x1) Coordinate donation drives, workshops, and awareness events. Lead collaborations with student organizations, campus centers, and academic departments.
- Outreach: (x1) Design marketing plans to maximize reach to student users using online platforms. Promote food security programs, nutrition education, and basic needs resources through campus outreach.
- Inventory: (x2*) Maintain inventory system on Salesforce. Keep donation and delivery records. Place food bank orders.
- Program (x2*): Craft restocking procedures to keep the storefront full. Assess safety and day-to-day operations. Keep storage sites clean and organized.
- Technical Projects: (x1) Design tech-based solutions for inventory management & online ordering. Train team on use of the Salesforce platform.
- Data Science: (x1) Identify and define metrics to empower decision-making across the team. Transform data into information to guide organization goals and vision.
- INDICATE YOUR TOP THREE PREFERRED ROLES IN YOUR APPLICATION QUESTION RESPONSES.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, particularly in regards to communication across diverse communities
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and to foresee, identify, and recommend solutions
- Professionalism, courtesy, punctuality, and good humor
- Interest in food security, basic needs, addressing the stigma of hunger on college campuses
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.