Coffee House: ASDS Satellite Operations Employee
Name: Alex Rios
You can visit the Coffee House website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: Yes
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: Approx.12 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Aug. 16, 2021
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0014-4252-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 24, 2021
PLEASE READ THIS JOB POSTING THOROUGHLY BEFORE YOU FILL OUT THE APPLICATION. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL BE DISCARDED!
Purpose of the Position
ASUCD Dining Services is now hiring employees to work as baristas, food servers and cashiers in the CoHo South Café and Bio Brew by CoHo locations for Fall 2021.
NOTE: This posting is NOT for a Coffee House position.
Please note there will be no interviews for this position. Applicants will be selected based on experience and thoroughness of application. All new team members will have a probationary period; details will be given if offered employment.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
Perform an assortment of duties, including, but not limited to:
Display EXCELLENT customer service.
Work in the South CoHo Café/Bio Brew by CoHo to prepare and serve food and beverages to our customers. You will learn how to brew coffee, prepare wraps, salads and sandwiches, and make an assortment of espresso drinks.
Ring up customers’ purchases, stock various items and maintain a balanced cash drawer.
Maintain a clean work area and dining room during a shift.
Apply closing/cleaning techniques.
Work a minimum of 12 hours per week. This may include early mornings starting at 6:30am, and closing shifts ending at 11:00 pm and weekends.
If selected to join the Coffee House team, new members will be REQUIRED to attend all the events listed below.
- Mass hire event: one day during the week of July 19th. More information will be given if offered employement
- Orientation: Remotely at the end of August, exact date to be determined (times will vary)
- Hands-on training sessions: Tuesday, September 7th through Friday, September 17th, exlcuding weekend (times will vary)
You MUST be available for training during all training weeks... NO EXCEPTIONS!
Regular Fall Quarter Schedules will begin on Monday, September 20th.
Please attach a screenshot of your Fall Quarter schedule from My Schedule Builder in weekly calendar view. You can attach this by clicking "Choose a File" on the Resume page of the application.
Please list all previous food service, cashiering and/or barista experience. Experience is not necessary, but it is a plus.
Must be able to provide one of the following ORIGINAL documents (CANNOT be photo copies) for hiring paperwork on the day of orientation:
Photo ID and original birth certificate, OR
Photo ID and original social security card.
Must have a current CALIFORNIA FOOD HANDLER CARD within two weeks of employment. Cost is ~$10-15. Cards can be obtained online. Details will be given if you are hired.
Employment for all cashiers is contingent upon successful University background check within one week of job offer.
Must be able to lift up to 50 lb.
Must be able to follow directions and complete given tasks.
Must display a positive attitude in the workplace and excellent customer service.
MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAIN ON THE DAYS/TIMES LISTED ABOVE! NO EXCEPTIONS!
- At the Coffee House, we value the uniqueness of each member of our community. What will you bring to the Coffee House culture? What do you hope to get from this job?
- Describe a time you have gone above and beyond your responsibilities to get something done, whether at a job, in school, or in your personal life.
- What do you think we are looking for in a Satellite Operations employee and how do you exemplify these characteristics?
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.