Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students: Marketing Volunteer
Name: Citlali Plaza
You can visit the Housing Advising for Undergraduate Students website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 2-3 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Sept. 27, 2022
Job Number: 0032-4271-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 6, 2021
Volunteers will be involved in tasks ranging from graphic design, copywriting, content creation, and video editing, in collaboration with Creative Media and IT, depending on skill set and interests. They will report to the Marketing Director and attend a weekly/bi-weekly check-in meeting. All levels of experience and majors are encouraged to apply!
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Social Media Management: Regular social media management for HAUS Social Media handles.
- Assist the Marketing Director in creating content to promote HAUS in collaboration with Creative Media and IT.
- Content Creation: Working collaboratively to create a monthly Newsletter for Student Community.
- Marketing Operations: Making sure all marketing efforts are running smoothly througout the year.
- Attend weekly/bi-weekly staff meetings.
- Experience with either graphic design, copywriting, content creation, or video editing is preferred.
- Strong work ethic and a passion for affordable housing advocacy on behalf of UC Davis students.
- Strong time management skills.
- Comfort with virtual communication over both email and Zoom, i.e. with Executive Office staffers, campus staff, property managers, and city council members.
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.