Unitrans: Transit Driver Manager Assistant
Name: Kim Terry
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx.10 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4274-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 11, 2021
Responsible for assisting the Transit Driver Manager in employee accountability, driver shift scheduling, mandatory meetings, special projects, and administrative tasks.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an equal opportunity employer.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Assist the Transit Driver Manager with running shift selection (Priority)
- Assist the Transit Driver Manager with the implementation of the strikes system
- Assist the Transit Driver Manager with the planning and running of company-wide Mandatory meetings
- Assist the Transit Driver Manager on special projects as the need arises.
- Communicate/meet with the Transit Driver Manager regularly to ensure completion of delegated tasks
- Must be a current Unitrans employee
- Must be either a solo Unitrans Transit Driver or solo Unitrans Transit Conductor
- Must be able to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility.
- Must be able to work in groups as both a leader and a team member.
- Must be highly motivated and able to accomplish tasks with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to communicate along all lines of authority.
- Must be able to work with people in a professional and amiable manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn a well-developed knowledge of Unitrans policies, procedures, and hiring practices.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively.
- Ability to effectively interact with individuals with diverse backgrounds, skills, and abilities.
- Develop management and interpersonal skills
- Work in a friendly, comfortable environment
- Hours are flexible
- Become a part of the Unitrans family and make friends for life
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.