Student Government: DREAM Committee Chairperson
Name: Alejandro Galicia Cervantes
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: June 14, 2021
End Date: June 10, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4285-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 13, 2021
The chair of the ASUCD DREAM Committee is responsible for guiding, representing, and overlooking the daily operations of the committee. To represent undocumented student interests and serve as a liason between the AB540 & Undocumented Student Center and ASUCD.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Prepare agendas for weekly meetings
- Be the point person of the committee
- Assigning projects to members and checking in with project leads
- Checking in with ASUCD
- Maintaining a relationship with the ASUCD Senator
- Close communication with the AB540 & Undocumented Student Center.
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Past leadership experience
- Knowledgeable of issues surrounding undocumented students
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.