Pantry: Unit Director
Name: Ryan Manriquez
You can visit the Pantry website to learn more about them.
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $200/week through 9/18/2021; $14.50/hr starting 09/19/21 (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 14-19 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: June 21, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0025-4291-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 20, 2021
Charged with managing and overseeing the Pantry, a unit that is responsible for providing food and basic essentials to UC Davis students struggling to pay for meals and other basic necessities.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the unit, such as managing the staff and operations of a food pantry, and establish yearly goals that align with the 2021 Vision for ASUCD.
- Hire and manage all staff inlcuding recruiting, training, evaluating, motivating, delegating, and monitoring their activities. Schedule ongoing staff meetings.
- Work with Creative Media to market the unit and increase visibility.
- Attend unit director trainings as required by ASUCD leadership.
- Work with ASUCD Business Manager and ASUCD Controller to ensure that operational practices comply with ASUCD/UC Davis policies and procedures.
- Maintain Unit policies and procedures.
- Uphold, safegaurd, and promote ASUCD's values and philosophy relating to ethics, integrity, and social responsibility.
- Create and present a written report once a quarter to the ASUCD Senate.
- Review and evaluate unit budget.
- Act as liaison between student government and unit. Meet with adopted Senator for the unit quarterly.
- Develop and track metrics within the unit to drive decisions and present with quarterly reports.
- Act as the point person to resolve issues within the unit. Bring larger issues to the attention of the ASUCD President and ASUCD Business Manager.
- Perform administrativ duties and work independently.
- Interpersonal communication skills and exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong time and project management skills.
- Ability to motivate and inspire staff.
- Proficient at Gmail and Microsoft Word.
- Understanding of periodic finance and accounting is preferred.
- Experience managing employees and/or volunteers is preferred.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.