Executive Office: Controller
Name: Ryan Manriquez
Payrate: Volunteer w/Bi-Weekly Stipend of $176.56/week through 9/11/2021; $14.50/hr starting 09/19/21 (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: Yes
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 12-19 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances. Any hours beyond specified commitment will be considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: June 21, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0035-4293-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 20, 2021
Serve as the chief advisor to the the ASUCD President and student government on matters relating to budget, finances, revenue generation, and other fiscal and administrative issues.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Serve as the chief advisor to the President as a member of the cabinet.
- Responsible for drafting and overseeing the ASUCD budget in the spring (about $14 million).
- Work closely with ASUCD units, commissions, and committees, as well as the ASUCD Business Manager, to help improve business practices.
- Advance responsible financial policy.
- Supervise the Office of the Controller's staff to assist in this role's duties.
- Chair important internal committees related to business and finance.
- Provide student insight on important external committees related to financial matters/business practices.
- Attnd weekly executive office meetings.
- Meet frequently with units to assist with business practices.
- Serve as an ex-officio member of the ASUCD Senate, which meets Thursdays at 6pm.
- Exceptional experience, qualifications, and expertise in business, economics, and finance.
- Ability to advise, inform, and assist elected and appointed officials impartially.
- Strong leadership and team-work skills.
- Willingness to learn quickly.
- Pragmatic problem-solving skills and impartiality.
- Ability to explain difficult topics in an accessible, clear, and concise manner.
- Ability to accurately weigh short and long term costs and benefits of high-level decisions.
- Ability to be accessible to elected officials, units, and other groups within ASUCD on all financial matters.
- Strong understanding of any and all connections between financial/business stability and student needs.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.