Unitrans: Transit Marketing Design Manager
Name: Ryan Large
You can visit the Unitrans website to learn more about them.
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 15-19 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Indefinite
Job Number: 0009-4302-2021
Last Date to Apply: June 27, 2021
Direct and manage Unitrans' advertising and marketing activities, and oversee the creation and maintenance of multimedia (print and electronic) projects for Unitrans.
The successful candidate may hold this position through expected graduation date based on satisfactory performance in the position.
Unitrans is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Assistant General Manager of Administration.
THOSE SUPERVISED: Transit Marketing Design Assistants.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked to bring a portfolio of samples that you believe best represents your design aesthetic for review by the selection panel.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Hire, train, and supervise Transit Marketing Design Assistants
- Oversee the development and production of the annual Unitrans bus schedule
- Work with the Operations Manager, Human Resources Manager, Business Office Manager, and Customer Outreach Coordinator (and other Unitrans Managers as needed) to identify needs for employee and public outreach materials, and develop/implement work plans for the timely completion of identified tasks
- Organize and prioritize various requests for printed materials throughout the company, and negotiate delivery schedules as needed
- Catalog and manage all Unitrans internal and external print and electronic media files, and obtain permission for use of non-original artwork in any Unitrans print or electronic publications
- Administer Unitrans’ public social media interfaces and post relevant and timely customer service information
- Participate in weekly meetings with other Unitrans managers and career staff
- Organize and coordinate purchases of materials and supplies needed for all production efforts
- Regularly update and maintain Marketing Unit processes, procedures, and contact lists
- Oversee the development and implementation of special projects as needed
Ability to understand Unitrans bus routes and operations
Ability to exercise a high degree of independent responsibility
Ability to implement effective time management techniques, and seek advice and direction as needed on project priorities
Ability to properly organize and delegate tasks as needed to ensure the timely completion of projects
Ability to communicate along all lines of authority in a professional manner
Must be able to train during Summer 2021, and must be available to work through Spring 2022.
- Computer illustration and design applications (Adobe Illustrator, Adobe In- Design, Adobe Photoshop, etc)
- Computer hardware and other equipment required to complete various assignments, including but not limited to desktop/laptop computers, printers, copiers, film and digital cameras, video cameras and editing equipment, scanners, and other reproduction equipment
Principles of design
Digital image manipulation techniques
Graphic computer file creation and preparation
Correct English usage, spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Production, printing and finishing techniques, as it relates to design and fabrication
Multiple file formats and cross-platform issues for file distribution
Word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and database software. Experience with Microsoft Word Office Suite and Google applications (Drive, Documents, Sheets, Slides, etc)
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.