Student Government: Committee on Committees Chair
Name: Juliana Martinez Hernandez
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 4-6 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Aug. 2, 2021
End Date: June 11, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4322-2021
Last Date to Apply: July 23, 2021
The Committee on Committee chair is responsible for overseeing all ASUCD programmatic, internal, and philanthropic committees. The CoC ensures that all committees operate in accordance with their duties enumerated in the ASUCD Bylaws and they also serve as the primary support system of all committees.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
The Chair of the CoC shall be the primary representative of the committee to other ASUCD bodies, along with the following duties:
- Maintain regular correspondence with ASUCD programmatic, internal, and philanthropic committees
- Serve as the interview committee chairperson in the absence of the outgoing chair and vice chair of a committee
- Update and provide a copy of the ASUCD Committee Chair Handbook to all new committee chairpersons
- Train each committee chair in alignment with their duties enumerated in the ASUCD Bylaws
- Update the activity status of all ASUCD Committees in accordance with the committee inactivity section of the ASUCD Bylaws
- Attend all ASUCD Representative Assembly Meetings
- Routinely update the ASUCD Roster to reflect committee membership status
- Report directly to the Internal Vice President
- Mastery of written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of ASUCD operations and internal documents
- Experience with Google Spreadsheets, Google Docs, and Slack
- Demonstrates ambition and self-motivation to serve beyond necessary capacity
- Commitment to serve the Davis community and represent the ASUCD Executive Office
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.