Picnic Day: Vice Chair
Name: Amanda Portier
You can visit the Picnic Day website to learn more about them.
Payrate: $14.50/hr (pending budget approval - refer to budget for weeks paid)
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Varies between approx. 10-15 hrs/wk depending on individual circumstances. Hours beyond specified commitment are considered additional volunteer experience.
Start Date: Sept. 16, 2021
End Date: May 7, 2022
Job Number: 0004-4328-2021
Last Date to Apply: July 22, 2021
To Assist the Chair in leading the 14 Directors and Assistant Directors to put on a successful Picnic Day.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
1. Organize welcome reception
2. Maintain close contact with Parade Marshall(s)
3. Monitor and guide 6-7 directors with one-on-one meetings
4. Attend, plan, and help lead weekly meetings
5. Schedule and hold weekly assigned office hours
6. Collaborate closely with Chair and Advisors
7. Organize Rain Plan and Headquarters for the day of Picnic Day
- Interpersonal skills
- Composed under pressure
- Time Management skills
- Please briefly discuss the role of the UC Davis Principles of Community and your understanding of diversity and cultural competency
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please describe why you want to be Vice Chair in 250-300 words / 2-3 sentences.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.