Student Government: Chief of Staff for Senator Sergio Bocardo-Aguilar
Name: Sergio Bocardo-Aguilar
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: No
Resume Required: Yes
Hours per Week: Approximately 3-5 hours per week, depending on individual circumstances.
Start Date: Sept. 1, 2021
End Date: June 1, 2022
Job Number: 0008-4338-2021
Last Date to Apply: Aug. 23, 2021
The purpose of this position is to help Senator Bocardo-Aguilar achieve his platforms by working to help lead our team and execute our duties, which include the expansion and promotion of basic necessities like housing, food, giving more platforms to ethnic and cultural communities, and creating and promoting safe places for individuals to express their gender and sexuality.
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly Staff Meetings.
- Help lead weekly Staff Meetings.
- Attend Weekly Senate Meetings.
- Help lead our team by making sure you and Senator Bocardo-Aguilar can both support the team as well as possible.
- Work closely with Senator Bocardo-Aguilar and advise him on proposed legislation.
- Take charge of team projects.
- Fill Senator Bocardo-Aguilar's spot when unable to attend a meeting.
NO EXPERIENCE IN ASUCD REQUIRED, OPEN TO EVERYONE
Note from Senator Bocardo-Aguilar: "I want to emphasize that this position is open to everyone because as a first year student, I felt very discouraged from applying for a position like this one as I felt underqualified as a first year student. So please, first year students and transfer students, I really encourage you all to apply if you have the skills below. The only requirement is someone who is willing to learn and has a passion for making change and a difference here at UC Davis."
- Ability to be blunt, and honest.
- Create a welcoming and positive environment.
- Able to engage in efficient communication.
- Able to work with a team.
- Able to leas and manage small and big projects.
- Able to work under pressure and work around sudden distractions.
- Please list previous experience as it pertains to the position.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
- Please UC Davis Principles of Community
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.