Student Government: Entrepreneurship Fund Staff
Name: Phillip Chu
Payrate Stipend: No
Work Study: N/A
Resume Required: No
Hours per Week: 5-10 hrs/week
Start Date: Sept. 24, 2012
End Date: June 15, 2013
Job Number: 0008-0434-2012
Last Date to Apply: Sept. 6, 2012
The ASUCD Entrepreneurship Fund is a newly established program to encourage social entrepreneurship among undergraduate students by providing grants and an avenue for feedback, advice, and additional resources. By partnering with the UC Davis Child Family Institute for Innovation and Entrepreneurship, we are able to provide our recipients with access to Graduate School of Management training seminars and workshops. Applicants for grant funding must have viable business idea that contributes to some definable social good.
The team is entirely composed of undergraduate students, which makes our program different from other universities with similar programs. Join us in growing this exciting program!
Find out more at our website: asucd.ucdavis.edu/efund
As a part of ASUCD, you agree to subscribe to the ASUCD Newsletter.
- Attend weekly staff meetings to discuss progress and future plans
- Conduct outreach to business professionals, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Increase awareness among undergraduate students on campus
- Advisory Committee members will hold weekly office hours to assist grant applicants and recipients. These members should have an understanding of business strategy
- In addition, we are also looking for applicants with interest and experience in:
-Business Development and Networking
Independent initiative toward tasks
Willingness to learn and contribute
Professional and well-organized
Personable and able to work in a team
Strong writing ability preferred
Additionally, please answer the following question in your application under "Qualifications": -What do you want to tell your grandchildren you achieved in your lifetime?
- Please list previous work history and volunteer experience.
- Describe why you are qualified for this position and how it relates to your interests.
Approved ___________________________________________________________________________ Date ____________________________
All student assistant positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedures for Staff Member (PPSM). See PPSM Policy & Procedures 3, Exhibit A and Exhibit B. Volunteer positions are subject to all entitlements in Policy & Procedure Manual 380 – Section 08, Volunteer Services. UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.